The website is finally up! I had fun with adding new styles as I did the final day. What was originally basic green headers became a use of z-index and divs looking like tabs in a book. I debated on whether I should make them a colour or just white and I ended up leaving them white.
I also, in the end, decided to include a contact form while I had debated on. If I find spam issues rise again like last time, I’ll either look for a way to stop it or just remove it again. But I’m VERY happy with the styling and how it matched with the site.
I happy with the sites size flexibility and browser compatibility. I’m happy with the small amount of colour and the use of box shadow effects to get things to pop rather than nonsense design.
I might take out the divider in the about section or I might leave it. I’m pretty satisfied with how the gallery turned out and if I change anything, it’ll be what the font is for headers. I still might add a very faint design to the bottom of the main column div but that’s not important.
The group of social network buttons are no longer while, like I originally planned, and are now coloured specifically to fit their site. They are not exact pulls from their colours but gradients I put together using a base simillar to theirs and then another colour I felt would work well with it. There is also some css3 affect that Jason Fever once showed me. I looked for it and added it for it’s hover effect. Note that it, unfortunately, doesnt work in IE. I’ll look into a different effect for IE.
When I have the money, I’ll make sure to add my saved CSS for this wordpress blog as well, as it’ll make sure it fits even better with the site. For now it’s white background and boxes, coloured text, and natural icon and link colours it uses fit the site pretty well. So it’s not a big concern yet.